Slots are undeniably the most popular games played at land-based and online casinos worldwide. This is because they are easy to learn and play. In fact, you don’t have to be a pro to win when playing a slots title. You just need to know a few things, and you are good to go.
There are various variants of slots in the market. And developers keep churning out unique titles with different themes to satisfy unique player preferences. However, slots have common features including reels, symbols, and pay lines. Here are popular slots you will find at different casinos.
- Progressive slots: Progressive slots are based on a jackpot that keeps increasing by a certain amount if you don’t win during gameplay. These slots have huge rewards often take a long time to win
- 3 Reel Slots: The 3 reel slots are classics, and playing them is easy because they have a single payline. You win if you manage to match the symbols on any of the three horizontal lines
- 5 Reel Slots: The classic slots (3 reel slots) are still available in the market but have been immensely overshadowed by advanced options like the 5 reel slots. The more the reels, the higher the odds of winning
- Multi-Payline Slots: As the name suggests, this slots variant has several paylines. Some come with even 100 paylines
Crucial Tips on How to Start Playing Slots
Slots are games you can start playing with zero experience and earn much quicker. Here are a few tips to help you start playing slots.
1. Consider a casino with free spins
Free spins can help you build confidence in playing slots. Most casinos give you free spins to utilize on a specific title. Even though most of the free spins have a wagering requirement, you still get a chance to play for real cash and win.
2. Higher RTP
Higher return to player (RTP) doesn’t guarantee you a win. However, it reduces the house’s edge in your favor. Besides, slots use random generators. That means every spin is a unique event that gives you a fair chance to win. So, it isn’t a bad idea to choose a slot with a higher RTP.
3. Start small and increase your bankroll as you gain confidence
Avoid the temptation of staking big when you are still learning the ropes. Luckily, most casinos give you a free-play option. Take advantage of that and try out as many slots as you can. It will surprise you how lucky you are at playing some slots than others.
4. Find out the slot volatility
Slot machines have either low or high volatility. Volatility is what determines the risk involved in playing a particular slots game. While low volatility slots have smaller payouts, the odds of winning are high. 0n the other hand, high volatility slots have bigger payouts. However, they require a bigger bankroll because the chances of landing the lucky spin are low.
Slots are big fun to play. The insights we’ve shared will go a long way in helping you start your gaming adventure with the easiest casino game to play and cash in.